Wednesday 13 July 2011

George Michael 'to be interviewed over phone hacking claims'

Filed under:

PA

George Michael claims he will be interviewed by police over comments he made regarding the News of the World phone hacking scandal.

The singer has been outspoken in his criticism of the tabloid and celebrated its demise with an impromptu party on Thursday night.

He has since launched into a Twitter rant against the paper and former editor Rebekah Brooks and said today that the Metropolitan Police are keen to talk to him as part of Operation Weeting.

This afternoon he tweeted: "Just spoke to my lawyer... apparently they want to interview me about my comments on Rebekah Brooks here on twitter...

"Like i said, glad to help... :)) I have way more to tell the police than I can tweet to you here... Believe it or not, I've been careful so far!"
Earlier in the day, the singer posted a number of tweets pertaining to his own experience of the press.

In one, he wrote: "Rebekah Brooks sat two feet from me in my own home and told me that it was never the public that came to them with information on celebrities, and that the police always got there first."

George, whose troubles have often made headlines in the past, claims that the press were regularly tipped off by police.

He tweeted: "Don't get me wrong, I met (a lot !) of perfectly decent policemen and women in my darkest, most shameful hours, but I knew that the press would get to my house before I did.

"On every occasion, some little creep in that police station would have called the press... Cap in hand, and made a nice little wad of cash. I just became resigned to it. Perks of the job in the Met."

However, the former Wham singer insisted he was not attempting to excuse his past behaviour.

Follow us on Twitter
| Become a fan on Facebook

Celebs love Twitter because it lets them communicate directly with their adoring fans, but the social-networking site can have a habit of biting back when some stars least expect it. Just ask this lot if you don't believe us...

 

 

Source: http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2011/07/11/george-michael-phone-hacking-scandal/

Brad Pitt Angelina Jolie Dennis Quaid Shia LeBouef

No comments:

Post a Comment