Thursday 28 July 2011

DJ Khaled Says Fat Joe's Weight Loss 'Inspired Him'

'[It's] just more inspiration for him to make more hit records,' Khaled tells Mixtape Daily.
By Rob Markman


DJ Khaled
Photo: MTV News

Celebrity Favorites: DJ Khaled
"Fat" Joe is no more. The Bronx, New York, rapper has recently been dropping pounds like he drops hit records, losing more than 80 pounds to date. No word yet as to whether he will consider a name change, but his friend and frequent collaborator DJ Khaled is in full support and astonished by his buddy's new physique.

"Joe lost so much weight that I can't believe it," Khaled told Mixtape Daily. "I was just on the phone with him and he was like, 'Khaled I wear a 1X. I walk into Bal Harbour, go to Gucci and whatever.' "

Shopping in the ritzy North Miami Beach neighborhood is not the only perk to being lighter. According to Khaled, Joe's diet has also reinvigorated his artistic muscle. "Now he goes into any store and buys a 1X. He said he feels the best he ever felt and he's back in the studio working," the We the Best Forever DJ said. "I think by him losing all this weight, it just inspired him, just more inspiration for him to make more hit records."

Back in June, Joe revealed to the New York Daily News that he went on a diet following the deaths of a number of his close friends. "I always loved being fat, obviously. I'm Fat Joe," the rapper told the newspaper. "If I could gain 1,000 pounds and be healthy, I would love to do that. The biggest killer of people is food. It kills more people than AIDS or gun violence or war, anything you can name.

"Everybody keep catching strokes and heart attacks, and what happened to me was, like seven of my friends passed last year from heart attacks, and they were all 32, 34 years old, 35. And I said, 'I got kids, I can't leave 'em like that.' This world is too hard for me to leave my kids, without me supervising and being there for them."

For other artists featured in Mixtape Daily, check out Mixtape Daily Headlines.

Related Artists

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/KzEdH3SlLiY/dj-khaled-fat-joe-weight-loss.jhtml

Simon Cowell David Beckham David Guetta 50 Cent

No comments:

Post a Comment