This week we're after songs that say 'D'oh!'
"Yeah, I look ridiculous," goes a particular kind of rebel stance. "But what are you going to do about it?" There are no shortage of fools in popular music. In fact, we like our pop stars to do things or to dress in such a way that would seem foolish if we did them.
There are also plenty of songs in which one could argue that the singer or narrator comes across as a bit of a berk. But what we're looking for here are songs in which the narrator admits foolishness.
So with that in mind, why not throw caution to the wind, and post your suggestions below. I'll gather the best of them in a blog posted here next Thursday.
* Listen to others' suggestions and add yours to a collaborative Spotify playlist
* Previously on Readers Recommend
* Guide to "donds", "zedded", and other strange words used by some of the RR regulars (courtesy of the Marconium)
* The Marconium (blog containing a wealth of data on RR, including the songs that are "zedded")
* The 'Spill (blog for the RR community)
* Post your nominations before midday on Tuesday if you wish them to be considered.
* Write a few lines advocating the merits of your choices.
But please don't:
* Post more than one third of the lyrics of any song.
* Dump lists of nominations. If you must post more than two or three at once, please attempt to justify your choices.