We're looking for songs about friends and family coming to stay ? our door is open to your suggestions
Summer's a time when many of us have visitors to stay ? or are guests themselves at holiday destinations or with friends and relations. Some are very welcome, of course. But by no means all. Visitors have a habit of seeing a place from the outside, exposing their hosts' shortcomings or inadequacies.
So what have songwriters and musicians made of visitors? As in films and in fiction, an unexpected visitor can change a situation.
* Listen to others' suggestions and add yours to a collaborative Spotify playlist
* Guide to "donds", "zedded", and other strange words used by some of the RR regulars (courtesy of the Marconium)
* The Marconium (blog containing a wealth of data on RR, including the songs that are "zedded")
* The 'Spill (blog for the RR community)
* Post your nominations before midday on Tuesday if you wish them to be considered.
* Write a few lines advocating the merits of your choices.
But please don't:
* Post more than one third of the lyrics of any song.
* Dump lists of nominations. If you must post more than two or three at once, please attempt to justify your choices.