Monday 27 June 2011

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Thought She Bombed 'Transformers' Audition

'Dark of the Moon' director Michael Bay called and said, 'You're the girl,' the first-time actress tells MTV News.
By Kara Warner, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in "Transformers: Dark of the Moon"
Photo: Paramount Pictures

One of the many intriguing stories to emerge from the production and release of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" is the casting of new leading lady and first-time actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. In addition to making headlines for replacing Megan Fox as the new "Transformers" "It" girl, the fact that Whiteley comes to Hollywood from the equally glamorous world of modeling has only added to her appeal.

The Victoria's Secret model's acting abilities have already been touted and praised by her co-stars, Shia LaBeouf and Tyrese Gibson, but when MTV News caught up with the newbie, we asked her about the intensity of the audition process.

"I went to the audition and really I knew nothing about the role," Whiteley said. "No one had said anything; it was just a role in 'Transformers,' so I kind of thought it would be an extra part or a cameo or something. I went in a bit blind and also, it was my first-ever audition. I went in completely not knowing what I was doing. I left feeling not confident."

Whiteley didn't have long to wallow in her uncertainty, because a couple days after that audition, director Michael Bay phoned her directly. "He was like, 'Yeah, you're the girl,' " she recalled.

Before landing the big-screen role, Whiteley had dabbled in some amateur acting via school plays and a short film for lingerie company Agent Provocateur, but "Dark of the Moon" was definitely her first real gig.

So has she been bitten by the acting bug?

"Yeah, I've been so lucky because doing this film, I got to try a little bit of everything," she said. "There's something for everyone in it: There's the romance, the comedy, the drama, the action, there's the special effects."

But as to whether we'll see her back on the big screen soon, Whiteley wasn't so sure. "I'm really hoping to do another movie," she said. "I'm working toward that, although I very much hope to stay in the fashion industry; it's my first love. We'll see what happens. I've got no idea."

Check out everything we've got on "Transformers: Dark of the Moon."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.

Related Videos Related Photos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/j6CjuXZzfa4/transformers-dark-of-the-moon-rosie-huntington-whiteley.jhtml

Shia LeBouef Bruno Mars Thierry Henry Cheryl Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment