Friday 24 June 2011

Dawn French: 'I'm open to marriage'

Filed under:

PA

Dawn French has admitted that she hasn't ruled out the possibility of marrying for a second time.

The comedienne divorced husband of 26 years Lenny Henry last year but says she is now enjoying the single life... rather a lot by the sound of it.

"I've got lots of interesting gentleman callers," she told Woman magazine. "But I can make the choice.

"In fact, I'm scrabbling for time on my own. I don't even like to call it dating, like some teenager, I'm just trying to have a bit of fun every now and again."

However, Dawn was keen to point out: "But I am not a predator, I am not going out looking."
When asked whether she would consider tying the knot again, she replied: "I think it's a mistake to say never about anything. I'm open to marrying again, but I'm certainly not thinking about it right now."

The 53-year-old has remained close friends with her former hubby and the pair have managed that rare phenomenon - an amicable showbiz split.

"We talked a lot, we walked a lot, we stayed up drinking a lot, we took months and months to discuss it as there were lots of reasons not to and lots of reasons that we should," she explained.

"Once we finally decided, I think we were both relieved."

What do you think? Why can't more celeb couples manage an amicable divorce? Leave a comment below...

Follow us on Twitter
| Become a fan on Facebook

Sadly bitterness and back-stabbing are all too common in showbiz divorce, as these record-breaking payouts prove...

 

 

Source: http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2011/06/22/dawn-french-lenny-henry/

Dancing On Ice X Factor Beyonce Winona Ryder

No comments:

Post a Comment