Tuesday 26 April 2011

Andrew Marr reveals gagging order

Filed under:

Andrew MarrPA

The High Court has been awash with super-injunctions recently, with a number of high-profile celebs and sports stars seeking to stop details of their infidelity being published.

So it's nice to be able to report on one famous name dropping the gagging order that has prevented us and the rest of the media from mentioning anything about his affair with a work colleague for the last few years.
Yes, Andrew Marr has revealed that he took out a so-called super-injunction in 2008, preventing the press from reporting on his affair - which was with another journalist and ended in 2003.

He told the Daily Mail: "The injunction allowed me and my family the time and space needed to repair and heal itself at a very difficult time.

"None of this has been particularly pleasant, nor am I proud of it, but we are still together as a family and I am delighted about that."

And he also revealed that he feared he had fathered a child by his lover Alice Miles, but that a paternity test later revealed that another man was the father.

Marr said he was "embarrassed" about the situation, but maintained that he had done the right thing - despite previously criticising the use of injunctions to create privacy law through the courts rather than parliament.

He said: "I did not come into journalism to go around gagging journalists, but at the time there was a crisis in my marriage and I believed there was a young child involved.

"I also had my own family to think about, and I believed this story was nobody else's business. I still believe there was, under those circumstances, no legitimate public interest in [publication]."

What do you reckon? Was he justified in bringing the injunction? Comment below please...

Follow us on Twitter
| Become a fan on Facebook

That mystery might be out in the open now, but there are plenty more answered questions in celebland...

%VIRTUAL-Gallery-121955%

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2011/04/26/andrew-marr-injunction/

Thierry Henry Cheryl Cole Simon Cowell David Beckham

No comments:

Post a Comment