Monday 12 March 2012

Exclusive 'Hunger Games' Clip: Peeta's Interview With Caesar

Don't miss the 'Hunger Games' red-carpet premiere tonight at 8:30, streaming live from MTV News!
By Kevin P. Sullivan, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


Josh Hutcherson in "The Hunger Games"
Photo: Lionsgate

As the countdown to "The Hunger Games" grows shorter and shorter, fans have been craving as much of the tributes as they can possibly get. Luckily, we have a brand-new exclusive clip from the upcoming movie.

Soon after they are chosen for the games, the tributes from District 12, Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson), go through the public relations wringer, including a broadcast interview with the eccentric TV personality Caesar Flickerman, played by a very blue-haired Stanley Tucci.

In this exclusive clip, Peeta sits down to answer a few personal questions from Caesar before heading into the arena.

Similarly, the cast and crew of "The Hunger Games" will have to face the judgments of the diehard fans of the book, when the film finally comes out on March 23. MTV News' Josh Horowitz spoke with Lawrence about her reaction to seeing the finished film and how fans have treated her during the lead-up.

"It was really good. It didn't surprise me, which was good. During filming, I really liked everything what I was seeing. I liked everything that Gary was doing. Then I saw it, and it was all there," Lawrence said. "It's always hard for me watching because I think I am a horrible troll and I'll never work again. Overall, I think everybody else in the movie is fantastic, and I think the film itself is really good."

Life has changed significantly for Lawrence since scoring the highly coveted role, not for the better in some cases. "I get photographers hiding in my bushes," she said. "We're way past autographs. We're into being stalked and followed."

Other than the paparazzi, the response has been generally more positive for Lawrence. "Everyone's been really nice fortunately. I mean, the movie's not out yet, so we'll see."

MTV News goes live from the "Hunger Games" red-carpet premiere tonight! Tune into our live stream from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. ET as Josh Horowitz catches up with the stars and asks fans' burning questions!

Related Videos

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MTVNewsLatest/~3/vBOQLIXfIrg/hunger-games-exclusive-clip-peeta.jhtml

Dennis Quaid Shia LeBouef Bruno Mars Thierry Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment